Preparation for waxing
If this is your first visit please fill out the First Visit form
No shaving or hair removal creams for a minimum of three weeks before waxing
No chemical skin exfoliants for 48 hours before waxing
No sun bathing, including sunbeds, for 24 hours before waxing
No body lotions or oils
Wear clean, loose fitting clothing
If you have any questions regarding your waxing treatment please ask. Every effort will be made to ensure your comfort during your visit to Meltage. The Perron Rigot waxes used minimize the pain and discomfort.
Some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly after your first wax. These symptoms usually subside over the 24-48 hours following the treatment.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours.
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
- No sport, gym work or other exercise
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your treatment.
- Always wash your hands before applying any product
- To prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment, gently scrub the skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt
- Moisturize the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so.
It can take up to 4 treatments spaced evenly apart for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results.
Hair needs to be at least ½ cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave or use chemical depilatories (e.g. Veet) between your appointments.
To maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend waxing regularly every 4-6 weeks